LAST UPDATED: 3/22/2022
We here at Bandai Namco Holdings USA Inc. (“Company”, “BNHU”, “we” or “us”) make the safety and privacy of our users a top concern. As a result, we want to make sure you know just what information we collect from users and what we do with that information.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), we are providing the following details regarding the categories of Personal Information that we collect, use, and disclose about California residents. This CCPA Notice does not apply to our job applicants, employees, contractors, owners, directors, or officers where the Personal Information we collect about those individuals relates to their current, former, or potential role with us. Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with a particular California resident or household.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from:
- Our interactions with you, such as when you interact with our website, give us feedback, or contact us.
- Our interactions with affiliates, service providers, and business partners when doing business.
- Our interactions with other third-party sources like social networks, data brokers, publicly available databases, cooperative databases, and joint marketing partners.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
We plan to collect, and have collected within the preceding 12 months, the following Personal Information as listed in the CCPA; Personal information, as defined in the California customer record, such as name, employment information, IP address and contact information; Identifiers, commercial information, transaction information such as payment information, and Professional or employment-related information.
Use of Personal Information
We use these categories of Personal Information for the purposes of operating, managing, and maintaining our business, providing our products and services, and accomplishing our business purposes and objectives, including using Personal Information to:
- Fulfill your requests and respond to your inquiries;
- Develop, improve, repair, and maintain our products and services;
- Establish and maintain user accounts and authenticate user identity;
- Maintain our property and our records, and undertake quality and safety assurance measures;
- Conduct risk and security control and monitoring, and detect and prevent fraud;
- Perform identity verification, accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations and record-keeping;
- Carry out corporate transactions, such as mergers, joint ventures, or acquisitions; and
- Comply with law, legal process, and internal policies, and exercise and defend legal claims.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information as listed in the CCPA to third parties for our operational business purposes within the preceding 12 months:
|Categories of Personal Information||Disclosed to Which Categories of Third Parties for Operational Business Purposes|
|Identifiers||Affiliates; Service Providers|
|Personal information, as defined in the California customer records law||Affiliates; Service Providers|
|Commercial Information||Affiliates; Service Providers|
|Professional or employment-related information||Affiliates; Service Providers|
We have disclosed these categories of Personal Information to our affiliated entities, and trusted third-party service providers.
We have not “sold” Personal Information for purposes of the CCPA:
Individual Rights and Requests
If you are a California resident, you may request that we:
- Disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting (if applicable)Personal Information about you;
- The categories of Personal Information about you that we otherwise shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such Personal Information (if applicable).
- Delete Personal Information we collected from you.
We will verify and respond to your request consistent with applicable law, taking into account the type and sensitivity of the Personal Information subject to the request. We may need to request additional Personal Information from you, such as email address, state of residency, mailing address, etc., in order to verify your identity and protect against fraudulent requests. If you make a Request to Delete, we may ask you to verify your request before we delete your Personal Information.
To make a request for the disclosures or deletion described above, please contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
If you want to make a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a California resident, you may use the submission methods noted above. As part of our verification process, we may request that you provide, as applicable:
- Proof of your registration with the California Secretary of State to conduct business in California;
- A power of attorney from the California resident pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000-4465;
- Written permission that the California resident has authorized you to make a request on the resident’s behalf. This permission must be signed (via physical or e-signature) by the California resident.
If you are making a Request to Know or a Request to Delete on behalf of a California resident and have not provided us with a power of attorney from the resident pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000-4465, we may also require the resident to:
- Provide you with a written permission signed by the resident to make the Request to Know or Request to Delete on the resident’s behalf;
- Verify the resident’s own identity directly with us;
Directly confirm with us that the resident provided you permission to submit the Request to Know or Request to Delete.
You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Changes to this CCPA Notice
We may change or update this CCPA Notice from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised CCPA Notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.
If you have any questions regarding this CCPA Notice, please contact us at
Bandai Namco Holdings USA Inc.
Irvine, CA 92618